As a writer I am also an avid reader, but as my book collection continues to grow I needed a way to keep them at my fingertips for easy reference. Making that wish come true is LibraryThing. This is an online library catalog where I can keep track of all my books and share them with my readers. LibraryThing allows you to catalog up to 200 of your books for free.
You register (easy) put in your personal books (very easy) catalog (or tag) and review them as you see fit, take a look at your graphic bookshelf and see who shares your interests. You can also;
- Check your bookshelf quickly and easily from your mobile phone
- Post you own book reviews and share in group discussions
- View your library as a list or with book covers
- Link to your blog and share your library with all your friends
- Updates your blog and website when entering new books
- Author gallery shows you pictures of book authors
If you can’t resist sneaking a look at your friend’s bookshelves then this site is for you. Joining is as easy as giving yourself a user name and password. More features not listed above are available at the site. Try it, www.librarything.com and see how fast you can build your book shelf.