Hiya! I’m Katie Salidas, author of the new book Immortalis Carpe Noctem. Since I am a lover of all things vamp, I was asked to put together a little list as to why vamps have such appeal, namely sex appeal. Vampires are sexy as hell and anyone who has read vampire romance stories can attest to that. So what is it that makes them so darn HOT.
Here are 13 of my favorite reasons why…
1) Vampires always seem to be chosen and turned at the peak of their lives. They are at their most virile. Males are hard bodied and don’t have an ounce of flab on them. Every woman’s dream, right?
2) They have piercing eyes that can reach into your very soul and mesmerize the pants right off of you. Not that many of us might mind that… LoL.
3) They typically know how to woo you without hypnosis, often times being portrayed as very dashing and worldly. They know how to say the right things to make a woman swoon.
4) Let’s not forget that they are the ultimate bad boy. And women, we cannot deny that somewhere deep down, there is a lingering desire for the danger and excitement they offer.
5) Along with the potential for danger, vampires possess an air of mystery about them. They draw us to know more and find out all their deep, dark secrets.
6) They are a predator. It is in their nature. And, let’s face it women, we do like being chased (by men we want to catch us.)
7) Once they’ve got you in their strong, capable arms, you just want to melt. Their strength represents power and protection (once you know they want more than just your blood. LoL)
8) The teeth too have their own sex appeal. They are not only phallic on a subconscious level; they represent the very real danger that makes you tingle with anticipation.
9) So let’s talk about that bite, shall we? Where do vampires typically bite? The neck. It’s a known erogenous zone. Need I say more?
10) Ok, I’ll say more. There is more to the bite. It goes a little deeper. It’s that primal hunger that makes them sexy. Here is a hot, hard-bodied man who hungers for you. It’s a very sexual thought that sends a thrill of excitement down your spine.
11) Beyond the physical, there is also the intelligence they possess. They’ve been around the block they have done and seen more things that we can possibly imagine. Which makes them capable of being a mate instead of just a boy toy. They are someone you can enjoy beyond the bedroom … for eternity.
12) Of course if you are just interested in them for their experience in other matters, imagine all the tricks they have learned over the years…
13) And finally, the idea of being turned by one has a sex appeal all to it’s self. You have this perfect specimen of a man, willing to share eternity with you. Where do I sign up?
So, that’s my list. I’d love to hear yours. What do you think makes a vampire sexy? And if you want to check out my story, which has a few of those sexy creatures of the night, stop by my website. There is a sample of Chapter one. See if that whets your appetite.
About Immortalis Carpe Noctem
Walking back home through the badly-lit campus of UNLV, twenty-five year old Alyssa is brutally attacked by two savage men. By the time a handsome stranger intervenes, Alyssa has almost bled to death, and doesn’t even struggle as her new protector sinks his sharp teeth into her neck.
Alyssa wakes to a harsh new reality, and to a raging thirst she’s never felt before. Lysander, the sexy yet aloof man who turned her, must now teach her the way of the immortals – and with such a desirable teacher Alyssa starts to realize that her fate is not as dark as she first feared.
But, just as sparks begin to fly between the pair, Lysander is alerted that his enemies are on the move and determined to destroy them both.
Led by the cunning and ruthless, Santino Vitale, the fanatical Acta Santorum have vowed to hunt down and destroy every last immortal in God’s name, and they have the vampires of Las Vegas in their sights.
About the Author:
The youngest of four children, Katie has always had a desire to entertain. Since, early childhood, she’s dreamed up fantastical characters and scribbled them into pages of various journals and notebooks. Taking an interest in vampires at an early age, she devoured every book, featuring those blood sucking creatures, in any genre she could find. She claims that, of all the monsters out there, vampires had always been the most interesting.
It was only natural that a love of reading about vampires, and a love of writing, turned into a desire to write her own stories. Thus, Immortalis Carpe Noctem was born.
A Las Vegas native, having grown up in the famed City of Sin, Katie loves to feature it as a recurring setting for many of her stories.
Meanwhile, after seeing that Lysander has taken a new mate, the beautiful and pitiless Kallisto, is out for revenge. Alyssa soon finds out that hell hath no fury like a vampire scorned.
Follow Katie Salidas on her virtual book tour with Pump Up Your Book by viisiting her tour page.