Sam Hilliard, author of mystery thriller novel, “The Last Track” begins his first virtual book tour today at Paperback Writer, with Seven Reasons to Read the Last Track. This novel is filled with Intrigue, Suspense and Murder and so much more. Make sure you subscribe to this blog so you won’t miss Sam’s interview on Wednesday.
About the Book
Imagine if being late meant a child disappeared forever. That is the fear that drives Mike Brody—the man you want when the one you love is missing.
In The Last Track, a police detective recruits Mike to help find an asthmatic boy lost in the dense woods surrounding a dude ranch in Montana. An unwitting murder witness, the boy burrows ever deeper into the rugged terrain, fearful of being found. As Mike and a local officer search for the boy, the killer follows them.
While the investigation expands, Mike’s ex-wife, a well-connected journalist, uses her contacts to unravel the truth behind the murder.
Her discoveries threaten to snare them all in a treacherous conspiracy . . .
“Seven Reasons to Read The Last Track”
After spending nearly an hour trying to write a witty lead-in, the following paragraph was the best I could come up with.
My name is Sam Hilliard. I conned someone into publishing my first novel, so if this book doesn’t sell, I’m going to jail. Fortunately, some people like reading The Last Track. Hopefully enough people will like it and the publisher won’t realize they were conned. You might even like it. Here are seven reasons why you should read it:
1) Intrigue, Suspense, Murder, I know technically that’s three reasons, but all of them happen by page 2. Just imagine what the other 273 pages are like.
2) Mike Brody is the man you want, when the one you love is missing. When someone disappears, Mike Brody gets results, under difficult circumstances—even when others have failed. Mike is very human though, an imperfect person with a back story that only begins to unfold in the first book, The Last Track.
3) It is the first novel in a multi-book story arc. It’s much cooler to be on the bandwagon early. Here’s a chance to board before your friends, family, or former dentist.
4) The action starts early and never stops rolling. You know those parts of the book you wish the author had omitted, but the crap stayed on the page because the editor fell asleep at the wheel? My publisher believes that readers always come first; their editors bathe in Red Bull. Either the crap gets cut, or the author does.
5) Beside many a great man stands a terribly surprised and capable woman. While Mike searches for a missing murder witness, his ex-wife Jessica uses her connections as a journalist to discover the killer’s identity, and uncovers a treacherous conspiracy in the process.
6) Step inside a search and rescue mission in real-time. Mike Brody and the supporting characters take the reader along on the search, every step of the way. A running digital clock (a la 24 – sort of) keeps the reader aware of how fast everything unfolds and just how the pieces fit together.
7) My mom really wants a second house. I’d like to buy her one. You could help with that. Support a starving writer – Buy The Last Track!
Sam Hilliard’s The Last Track Virtual Book Tour 2010 will start June 1st and end on July 30th. You can visit Sam’s blog stops at www.virtualbooktours.wordpress.com during the months of June and July to find out more about this great book and its talented author.