“A young curandera, a medicine woman, intent on uncovering the secrets of her past is forced into a life-and-death battle against an evil Archbishop. Set in the mystic land of Aztlan, the Unholy is a novel of destiny as healer and slayer. native lore of dreams and visions, shape changing, and natural magic work to spin a neo-gothic web in which sadness and mystery lure the unsuspecting into a twilight realm of discovery and decision.”
Purchase The Unholy at Amazon
Get to Know Claire Sanchez, the Heroine in The Unholy
- Claire Sanchez a medicine woman and heroine from Paul DeBlassie III’s thriller, The Unholy comes from Aztlan, the mythopoeic realm of destiny as healer and slayer.
- Claire Sanchez, 25 year old is a young woman who has lost her mother when she was five years old, witnessed her murder at the hands of a black robed man.
- Claire is a woman of tremendous courage and resolve. Fear tries to get her by the throat and squeeze the life out of her. There are so many times that she fought not to give up, to surrender to despair.
- Claire is one person, a very young and inexperienced person at that, up against a veritable force not only of society but of nature gone bad.
- Courage is courage only when it is face to face with one bad ass enemy…Archbishop William Anarch! If she dies then she knows that she has done what she has needed to do. Death is a real possibility for her.
- Claire lost her mother at an early age, witnessed her brutal murder that left her with a ferocious will to survive.
- Claire fears that one day what happened to her mother could happen to her I know I am a healer. She was a healer, was challenged, and died for what she believed in. That frightens me.
- Claire is a Native American/Hispanic woman who has intense brown eyes and auburn hair and a personality that can be fierce, fiery and warm and loving, so
- Claire is in love with Anthony, a sculptor; but, in her mind to love means to lose. She lost her mother when she was a child, so she is desperately afraid to love Anthony.
- If Claire could trade places with one of the other characters in the book, she would be Anthony, her friend and lover, as he is such a supportive individual and one who feels and exhibits such great courage and understanding for the one he loves.
- Claire was brought to tears by the way, in which the story ended, the drama unfolding with such violence and natural occurrences synchronously leading to destiny revealing itself!
- Claire’s wisdom is to watch for the unexpected for it is full of shocks, surprises and delights!
- Claire will be back in the second book of The Unholy Series, Dark Goddess!
PAUL DeBLASSIE III, PhD, is a psychologist and writer living in his native New Mexico. A member of the Depth Psychology Alliance, the Transpersonal Psychology Association, and the International Association for Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy, he has for over thirty years treated survivors of the dark side of religion.